Homemaker/Personal Care, often called HPC, supports a person to be more independent while meeting their daily living needs. Direct service providers help people with household chores and personal care, including things like
- Getting dressed and keeping clean.
- Making food.
- Managing money to pay household bills.
- Cleaning and doing laundry.
- Getting out and being a part of the community.
- Helping people to get to medical and dental appointments or other health care services.
HPC also includes support that improves a person’s ability to express their opinions and choices.